Friday, March 11, 2016

500 Feelings for Rain

Rain has always had a special place in my life. Everything about rain has always made me happy. It is raining outside right now and I feel so incomplete knowing I can't go out and dance in the rain. Living on the third floor has its cons. That, plus the fact I've had an on-again-off-again relationship with cold since the past 3 months.
I am talking to a really good friend right now and a few minutes back it was about rain. We are REALLY good friends but somehow we never let our guards down in front of each other. Guess, rain can make everyone weak in the knees. This is an excerpt from that conversation...



"It's raining"

"Yeah"

"You love rain, don't you?"

"Yes... but how do you know?"

"You're my friend, after all and after so many
years of friendship, I'm a bad friend if I don't
know when you're low and just need to vent
out"

"*sigh* but rains make me happy.This time
it's making me feel sad…”

“So what about rain do you like?”

“I love everything about it. What’s your
question?”

“Just try to list things you like when it rains”

“Okay… I love dancing in the rain. Even in
this thunder. Your turn.”

“Haha okay. But you can hear it too? I mean,
we are 5km away. This must be one hell of a
rain. I love soaking in the rain too”

“That’s not the same thing! Anyway, I like
driving in rain too”

“Scooter or Car?”

“Scooter. I don’t even know how to drive a
car. Why do you think I make you drive me
around all the time, Mr. Chauffeur?”

“LOL. I love long drives. Drive far and away
from everything world has to give us. Driving
towards a peaceful nothingness.”

“I like sitting down taking in the rain and look
at nature quench its thirst”

“I like looking at the birds happily hopping
towards the rain water dripping from the
corners of the roof and come back towards their
nest and do that jiggle to get the water out”

“I like sitting at a roadside dhaba sipping on hot
masala Chai and enjoy pakodas and look at the
slowed down traffic on the highway. I love
walking in the rain.”

“God, I love that too! Now I really want some
chai-pakoda

“I guess I should go to sleep. Night”

“Yeah me too. Good night.”


I didn’t go to sleep. I’m sitting here recounting this little conversation. I was sad before he pinged me. I have had a lot of things on my mind lately… oh wait *ding* I just got another text.


“I love walking in the rain too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment